Glyndŵr University’s video conferencing facility is part of the Welsh Video Network, one of the most advanced videoconferencing networks in the world. The Network provides the support of video conferencing studios and facilities to all further education and higher education institutions throughout Wales.
Being part of this network ensures Glyndŵr University’s video conferencing facility has state-of-the-art, fully operational equipment. The service will ensure that all selected videoconferencing sites are available at the date and time requested. The equipment is capable of operating via the H.320 (ISDN) and H. 323 (IP) networks.
Welsh Video Network also offers a support service throughout the video conference transmission.
Glyndŵr University’s video conferencing facilities include:
- Studio Controller: using the touch screen controller, making calls
- Cameras: controlling the studio cameras
- Document Camera: displaying documents
- Projector: controlling the projector
- DVD/VCR: using the studio DVD/VCR
- Radio Microphone: every large studio includes one
- Laptops: attaching a laptop computer for sending presentations etc
- NetMeeting®: using Microsoft® NetMeeting® to display presentations (the recommended way of sharing documents)
- Compact Studio Guide: for organisations which have purchased a 'Compact' studio (with only the basic videoconferencing equipment)
- Interactive Whiteboard: using the whiteboard, displaying Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentations
Glyndŵr University’s video conferencing room is located on the second floor of the Edward Llwyd Centre on our Plas Coch Campus, Mold Road, Wrexham. It can accommodate 15 delegates maximum.
Bookings can be made by contacting the Glyndŵr University Conference Office on 01978 293494 or email@example.com. Alternatively you may contact the Welsh Video Network directly on 01792 295700 or www.wvn.ac.uk.