Terms & Conditions
These conditions shall apply in respect of all goods, chattels, articles, personal belongings or any other property whatsoever nature (‘goods’) as may displayed, dispatches, stored or otherwise placed in any room hired by the persons (‘the hirer’) for purposes of any conference exhibition, seminar or any other function. No other terms, counter offers document of acceptance (written or oral) shall operate to vary these conditions.
Glyndŵr University will only be liable to the Client (hirer) and/or persons attending the function for injury to persons or loss or damage to property where and to the extent that it has been negligent but otherwise will be under no liability to them whatsoever.
The Client (hirer) shall be liable for any loss or damage to GLYNDŴR UNIVERSITY’s property.
The Client (hirer) is advised to consider its own insurance requirements for its own property, cost of cancellation and other liabilities.
For Conferences, Catering, Accommodation and events where GLYNDŴR UNIVERSITYis holding a confirmed booking, the following cancellation policy will apply:-
+ 90 days No charge
31 – 90 days 15% of charges agreed and confirmed
22 – 30 days 30% of charges agreed and confirmed
15 – 21 days 50% of charges agreed and confirmed
7 – 14 days 75% of charges agreed and confirmed
Less than 7 days Full amount of charges agreed and confirmed
Should GLYNDŴR UNIVERSITY be able to re-let any of the said cancelled rooms the appropriate cost will be deducted from the cancellation charge. Any deposits will be forfeited if cancellation occurs. If all rooms are re-sold, no cancellation charge will apply.
Confirmation of Final Numbers
Final numbers must be notified to the Conference Office 5 working days prior to the conference/function/event.
In the event of amendments to the final numbersGLYNDWRUNIVERSITYwill charge for numbers confirmed.
Numbers of Guests Attending
If at least 7 days' notice is given, a reduction of original numbers by 15% can be made without any charge. If there is a drop of more than 15% the cancellation charge in item (2) will apply.
The client agrees to pay all charges due toGLYNDWRUNIVERSITYwithin 30 days of the Invoice date. GLYNDWR UNIVERSITY reserves the right to charge a late payment surcharge of 2% of the outstanding balance on any invoice that remains unpaid by the due date.
USE OF THE GLYNDŴR UNIVERSITY (CONFERENCE AND CATERING/FACILITIES AND ACCOMMODATION)
The client and persons attending the function shall:-
- Comply with Licensing, Health and Safety and other regulations at GLYNDŴR UNIVERSITY
- Not carry out any electrical or other works at GLYNDŴR UNIVERSITYwithout prior written consent
- Require agreement to bring electrical or other equipment into GLYNDŴR UNIVERSITY e.g. Amplification, lighting etc
- Take care on the use of anything which can be considered as dangerous. If unsure about the safety of anything the client may want to bring into GLYNDŴR UNIVERSITY, discussion should take place in advance
- Pay for any damage caused to GLYNDŴR UNIVERSITY property
- Not consume food or drink on GLYNDŴR UNIVERSITY premises that has not been supplied by GLYNDŴR UNIVERSITYwithout prior written consent
- Not bring pets into GLYNDŴR UNIVERSITY, with the exception of guide dogs
USE OF PCs AND ASSOCIATED EQUIPMENT
The client shall be responsible for conforming to licensing regulations for any software supplied by themselves. If the client experiences problems with their software, technical support is available, but an additional charge may be occurred. Access to the Internet must adhere to rules as laid down by GLYNDŴR UNIVERSITY(Please ask Conference Manager for full documentation if required).
GLYNDŴR UNIVERSITY has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that the information contained in brochures, leaflets and advertisements is accurate, and reserves the right to alter, substitute or withdraw any service, facility or amenity without prior notice if necessary at anytime.
GLYNDŴR UNIVERSITYwill take all reasonable steps to fulfill the reservation to the best of its ability and in accordance with details provided. However, it reserves the right to provide alternative services of at least equivalent standard at no additional cost to the client.
CANCELLATION BY THE GLYNDŴR UNIVERSITY
GLYNDŴR UNIVERSITY reserves the right to cancel the booking if:
- The client becomes insolvent or enters into liquidation or receivership
- GLYNDŴR UNIVERSITY or any part of it is closed due to circumstances outside of its control
- The client is more than 30 days in arrears with any payments to GLYNDŴR UNIVERSITY
- The booking might prejudice the reputation or cause damage to GLYNDŴR UNIVERSITY. In such event, GLYNDŴR UNIVERSITY will refund any advance payment made but will have no further liability to the client
Date of Event –
Title of event –
Room allocated and times –
I agree to the Terms and Conditions of Booking and Cancellation Policy as adhered to by the GlyndŴr University.